SLG Customer Value Proposition Goes Beyond Gas Supply
- SLG was established in 2002 to supply premium quality piped and compressed natural gas (CNG) to local markets. We now service most of KwaZulu Natal. We are proud to count Toyota, Sapref, NCP Alcohols, IPSA and other major manufacturers as our customers.Part of the reason for our success is the unreliability of the national electricity grid, which has prompted many companies to generate their energy needs from gas. Another reason is our excellent BBBEE credentials – SLG is a 100% black owned entity with a level 5 BBBEE rating. Companies that procure gas from us qualify for 153% procurement spend points.
- We manage the whole change process from electricity to gas, including:
- technical feasibility studies
- regulatory licenses
- We also provide post-installation technical and safety training to ensure that the gas is safely used. This is tailored to each customer’s requirements.
- We collaborate with leading international suppliers to ensure that our customers benefit from the very best leading edge equipment. This includes inviting them to speak at our annual gas forum to ensure that our customers benefit from the latest industry information. The event also provides a platform for customers to swap lessons learned via case studies.
- We also provide an energy advisory and surveillance service. Our certified technical advisors analyse our customers’ gas equipment to identify inefficient usage and recommend improvements. These investigations are conducted with high tech flue gas analysers which enable us to accurately measure and record the operational parameters of the equipment we supply.
- Our customers enjoy the best after sales support. We troubleshoot any gas related problems including inefficiencies, process control, incomplete combustion and product quality.
- We pride ourselves on our sound ethical values – customer-centricity, a people first approach, integrity, agility and increasing the value of our shares for shareholders.
- We have a competitive pricing mechanism that rewards customers who use gas responsibly and ensures compliance with South Africa’s national energy regulator (NERSA) regulations.
- We supply gas in KwaZulu Natal and Gauteng to enable our customers to consolidate their gas procurement.
Note: NERSA regulates the pricing of gas, coal, electricity, diesel, HFO and LPG. Natural gas prices are lower than LPG, diesel, kerosene and electricity but higher than coal. However, coal usage is governed by new stricter environmental restrictions on particulates, sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxides, making it less cost effective. Moreover, the country’s new carbon tax will soon introduce a penalty of R120 per ton of CO₂ equivalent.
This makes it vital to discover why your company’s future is in clean energy, the Springlights Gas way.