Facts about SLG
We are an award winning and leading supplier of premium quality gas to Industrial and Commercial companies situated in KwaZulu Natal and Gauteng, South Africa. We address your growing need for efficient energy solutions and make sure you are adequately served to meet your business energy needs.
We deliver our gas (methane rich and compressed natural gas) directly from source to your factory via an extensive, well-built pipeline network and via Compressed Natural Gas.
We offer our customers:
- An environmentally clean and cost efficient energy alternative to conventional forms of energy such as Liquified Petroleum Gas, Coal, Heavy Fuel Oil, Illuminating Paraffin and electricity.
- Product versatility (Cogeneration and Tri-Generation) to improve your overall company’s energy efficiency.
- Tailored technical services.
Why we’re successful
SLG commenced its operation in July 2002. Over the years we have grown in leaps and bounds. We are currently the second largest Piped-Gas trader and the largest supplier of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) to Industrial and Commercial companies in Southern Africa.
We attribute our success to the following:
- Long-term gas supply agreements with upstream suppliers.
- Ability to supply gas via pipeline and able to supply gas to markets situated in remote areas via Compressed Natural Gas facilities.
- SLG is a national player.
- Our commitment to ensuring sustainable development of communities within which we operate through our social investment programmes.
Through our corporate citizenship ethos we consistently spend 1% of our Net Profit After Tax (NPAT) on CSI programmes. We do this by supplying local schools with science and early childhood development equipment. We are helping to develop the next generation of scientists, mathematicians and leaders.
Our staff are our best asset and we continually bolster their knowledge by ensuring that they engage the latest industry developments and trends. They understand what it means to ‘think outside of the box’ and challenge the status quo.
- We operate with honesty and integrity.
- Our service is reliable, accessible and innovative.
- We pride ourselves on our expert technical advice for efficiency and safety.
- We value our relationships with our customers and strive to help them reach their targets.
- As a forward moving energy solutions provider, we guarantee innovation and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Our ‘People First’ ethos underpins every aspect of our operations, especially our interaction with customers, suppliers and employees.